1001 Oakland Ave. East
Austin, MN 55912
United States of America
On August 14, 1936, Father Donald E. Cunningham was commissioned to establish a new parish on Austin's east side. The first parish mass was celebrated on November 1, 1936, in Columbus School.
An interim chapel, the present Queen of Angel's gym, was built for temporary use until the church, already being designed, could be financed and constructed.
Ground breaking for the parish church took place on August 15, 1954 with the cornerstone being laid and blessed on May 25, 1955. March 31, 1956 the parish celebrated the Easter Vigil and the first Mass in the present edifice.
Queen of Angels Church was dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God, by Bishop Edward A. Fitzgerald, on May 19, 1957.
The sanctuary was remodeled along with repair to the roof from the fire in 1972.
In October of 2003, Fr. Dale Tupper became the 9th pastor of Queen of Angels Church, which currently serves over 800 families and individuals.